On vr, 2010-07-02 at 06:42 -0700, PieterB wrote:

> How frequently is Django used to write system administration
> applications?

I don't know how often others do it, but we use it to manage hundreds of
servers by having a central database with django frontend and
integrating that with tools like kickstart and puppet using django as
well.

> I want to write django frontend's for some linux tools and scripts we
> use in the futures.
> Is django a good solution for this or should I use other techniques/
> frameworks (zope, pylons...)?

The framework you use is only a technical detail. Django is a very nive
technical detail and made our life much easier :)

> I also want to write an app querying an external db for reporting, but
> I guess that's not a problem either?

Depends on what you want, but probably not.

--
Dennis K.

They've gone to plaid!