Have a look at the 'make_random_password' method in
'django/contrib/auth/model.py' - it's the same principle there. In case
you already have a extended user profile, I would store the activation
string there. Otherwise I'd make a dedicated model to store them with a
link to the user, the string and a generation date.  If someone calls
the link, then just compare the date field with the current server time.

Jesore