This would be done in the view that calls the registration page.
Suppose its like this

def index(request):
    message = request.META['REMOTE_ADDR']
    ... send message ...

Basically short of it is the dictionary request.META contains the Key:
REMOTE_ADDR which contains the ip. You would access it as follows:
:

request.META['REMOTE_ADDR']

More information on the META dict can be found at:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/request-response/#django.http.HttpRequest.META

Cheers,
Thusjanthan Kubendranathan