I'm currently writing a blog framework in django, and I have it up an
running (on www.presskanne.com). During the last 20 hours or so, I
have gotten about 60 emails with error 500 messages. They seem to
originate from different pages all over the site, but they all have
two things in common:

The tracebacks all show that the problem is in importing one
particular model

The clients are all either googlebot or yahoo slurp

Also, I can't reproduce any of the errors myself. When I visit the
offending urls, everything either seems fine, or in the case of a
nonexistent page, I get a nice 404 message.

So my question is if there is anything in particular which might cause
the page to crash when a searchbot tries to load it, but not do the
same for a regular user.