I'm trying to use Django to manage a pre-existing documents directory.
I'm using FilePathFields to point to files in the directory.  However,
the directory contains many subdirectories, and files with repeat
names.  The Admin interface, by default, just recursively scans
directories and makes a list of all file names, not name + path.  Is
there a way to make the Admin interface display name + path for each
file, without modifying the Django source code?

If there isn't one, what are the chances that the Django maintainers
would accept a patch that enabled this, if one was written?  It's a
feature that I need; I'd guess that others might need it, too?

Adam