Good point re: if I can upload it to tmp, surely I can delete it. I'll
give that another crack.

Kenneth,
It doesn't delete it from tmp by default in my case, which is why
they're on my back. Turned out there were 40,000 files in there, they
were a bit pissy.

My script that saves it where I define it in "upload_to", upload it to
S3, then delete it from "upload_to" works beautifully. It's just this
damn '/tmp' folder filling up with a copy. Is there anyway to skip
this physical directory and play with each image file in RAM? Or is
that a mad idea?