is there a similar decorator to cache the output of a tag?

regards
Ian
On 20/07/2006, at 6:28 PM, Axel Steiner wrote:

Hi,

It looks like the right way to deal with this is to implement per page
caching, but that doesn't look too simple to me. I hope that someone
will prove me wrong by posting some simple instructions for implemeting
per page caching. Alternatively please post a mechanism for disabling
global caching for selected pages (even though I doubt that that is
possible without creating some custom middleware.)

caching individual views is also simple. When your cache is already setup,
just add a decorator for each view, which should be cached.

from django.views.decorators.cache import cache_page

@cache_page(900)
def myview(request):

The argument for cache_page is the cache timeout in seconds.

Bye,
Axel