Hi,

I was wondering whether its possible to have something similar to virtual
private queries/databases via the django ORM?
As in, the Oracle database provides something called VPD by which policies
can be enforced wherein a user sees data only that he is allowed to see. (
http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/database-security/virtual-private-database/index.html)

What i was looking for : lets say i have a app in which i let the User
create many different types of things - so i have a User table and many
other tables with which the user interacts, now i want to let the user view
only those records that he had created. One obvious solution is to add a
predicate(WHERE clause/filter) which checks for the user's identity when the
records are retrieved - but this is not what i am looking for.

Note:I do understand that VPD is at the DB level and ORM is a level higher
than that - like a wrapper,  but i was wondering whether in django ORM is
being used in other databases like SQLite3/mysql/pg, does the ORM provide
any *intrinsic capability *by which the VPD could be achieved.

Regards,
Venkat
http://twitter.com/venkasub