Hello,

I have:

class Gallery(models.Model):

class Image(models.Model):
        gallery = models.ForeignKey(Gallery)

Now, on some page, I am listing all galleries and I want for every gallery first three (or three flagged, ...) images as thumbnails. I can go through each gallery and make another query to load these three images, but it isn't very effective. I come from PHP, there I would do such things:

SELECT * FROM `Gallery`

Then create an instance of Gallery object, take all galleries IDs and make second query:

SELECT * FROM `Image` WHERE `id_gallery` IN (...)

where ... are all Galleries IDs from previous query. Then create instances of Image object and connect it with appropriate Gallery object.

1. How to do such thing in Django?

2. And second question, does Gallery knows about Image? In other words, if I have an Gallery object (e.g. "gal"), can I access to Image through Gallery? Something like gal.Image[0] for first image in the gallery.

Thanks,
Martin