Hey there,

I have been working a lot with request.is_ajax() to handle forms and the
results have been great so fat yet, I have a question about good practices
and best uses for this function.

Lets say that I executed a function that returned True and instead of
sending the boolean to the template, I do something like this:

def ajaxblue(request):
if request.is_ajax():
message = "<script>alert('Hello AJAX');</script>"
else:
message = "Hello"
return HttpResponse(message)

this is a very simple function but it shows what I'm trying to say. The js
alert renders itself directly to the template. It works perfectly but
somehow I thing that I'm violating DRY or at least, good practices

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot
Juan