Michale many thanks for your help.
I added your suggestions. But that did not change the django GET
request...

It still tries to load the file

http://127.0.0.1:8000/css/base.css

instead of

http://127.0.0.1:80/media/css/base.css

Maybe it helps mentioning that this is with the Development server...
and also an apache running on the same machine.
If I put this in the base template it also works:

<link href="http://localhost:80/media/css/base.css"; rel="stylesheet" /

But I would have to change that each time...