Hi all!

  After some time I've managed to be able to run Django 0.91 and and
the SVN version together on Dreamhost. I had a few projects done in
0.91 and I couldn't simply "svn update" the django_src directory.

  I don't know if this is useful to anyone else (perhaps to people on
similar situation other hosts) but here's what you need to do :) I've
followed Dreamhost's wiki instruction to install Django so the
directory names are from there.

- Create a directory for 0.91:

mkdir $HOME/django_091/

- Copy django_src to django_091 (or grab a 0.91 copy and put there):

cp -r django_src/* django_091

- Edit .bash_profile to accept the two Django dirs (don't know if it's
really needed but I did it :p)

export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/django_src/django/bin:$HOME/django_091/django/bin
export
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$HOME/django_src/:$HOME/django_091:$HOME/django_projects

- Edit all the django.fcgi files you have, replacing:

sys.path += ['/home/inerte/django_src']

with:

sys.path += ['/home/inerte/django_091']

- Go to each project and make a link do django_091/django, so module
imports are done on the correct directory:

ln -s $HOME/django_091/django $HOME/django_projects/your_project_name/django

- Remove two __init__.pyc files otherwise /admin/ will complain that
someone messed with "magic numbers" (a django security thing, I
suppose?):

rm django_src/django/contrib/admin/urls/__init__.pyc
rm django_src/django/contrib/admin/models/__init__.pyc

- Update django_src to the newest SVN

cd django_src
svn update

- Restart some stuff:

pkill fcgi.py;pkill python

  And that's it :) Old projects living with 0.91, new ones living with
SVN. As you convert your old stuff to the new Django syntax, remove
the links made previously so Django imports from django_src:

rm django_projects/your_project_name/django

  With hope that this will be useful to someone,

--
Julio Nobrega - http://www.inerciasensorial.com.br