Hi, I have the following model:

----------
from django.db import models

class Phone(models.Model):
    id = models.AutoField(primary_key=True, db_column='id')
    type = models.CharField(max_length=1, db_column='Type',
null=False, blank=False)
    status = models.CharField(max_length=1, db_column='Status',
null=False, blank=False)
    country_code = models.CharField(max_length=3, db_column='Country',
blank=True)
    area_code = models.CharField(max_length=3, db_column='AreaCode',
null=False, blank=False)
    prefix = models.CharField(max_length=3, db_column='Prefix',
blank=True)
    suffix = models.CharField(max_length=4, db_column='Suffix',
null=False, blank=False)

    class Meta:
        db_table = u'Phone'
        app_label = u'testStuff'
        db_tablespace = u'test'

class Room(models.Model):
    id = models.AutoField(primary_key=True, db_column='id')
    number = models.IntegerField(db_column='number', null=False,
blank=False)
    building = models.CharField(max_length=5, db_column='Building',
null=False, blank=False)
    type = models.CharField(max_length=1, db_column='Type',
null=False, blank=False)
    campus = models.CharField(max_length=10, db_column='Campus',
null=False, blank=False)
    phones = models.ManyToManyField(Phone, db_column='id', null=True)

    class Meta:
        db_table = u'Phone'
        app_label = u'testStuff'
        db_tablespace = u'test'

Next, I dropped the existing tables in my mysql db, then ran
'syncdb'.  The model tables were created, but not the intermediate
table. Adding phones & rooms are no problem, but I get an error when I
try to associate them, which states that the table 'Room_phones' does
not exist in the db.  I could manually create a 'through' table, I
guess, but shouldn't Django have created my intermediate table along
with the primary ones?  Thx for any help.