Could anyone give me some pointers as to how you deal with taking your
site down for maintenance?  Is there some standard thing that people
do to redirect all page requests to some sort of "Sorry, the site is
down" page?    Do you do this directly via apache or do you do it via
django?

I additionally have a situation where when our mail server goes down,
I would like to allow people to do GETS, but not POSTS.  If you have
any ideas on this I would be interested.

Thanks for any pointers!

Margie