Another approach that I used recently:

# urls.py
   (r'^ThankYou/(?P<ty_msg_id>\d{4})/$', views.ThankYou),

# message defs in views.py
# messages for ThankYou page
ty_messages = {
    '0000' : 'Invalid message specified.',
    '0001' : 'Pending dealer record has been re-saved, awaiting
approval.',
    '0002' : 'Pending dealer record has been saved, awaiting
approval.',
}

# function in views.py
def ThankYou(request, ty_msg_id):
    c = Context({
        'request' : request,
        'show_admin' : request.user.is_authenticated(),
        'ty_message' : ty_messages.get(ty_msg_id,
ty_messages['0000']),
    })
    t = get_template('ThankYou.html')
    html = t.render(c)
    return HttpResponse(html)

# usage example

    return HttpResponseRedirect('/ThankYou/0089')

--Jeff