I'm having a problem that I can't figure out from reading the docs.  I have
a loop that runs the same query every five minutes, to see if there is new
data to process.  However, it doesn't return the new data the second and
subsequent times it loops.  It's something like this:

while 1:
     data = Foo.objects.filter(not_analyzed=True)
     if len(data):
          for item in data:
               do_analysis(item)
     sleep(300)

Even though I know there is new data added while it is sleeping, the query
doesn't return it.  If I kill the process and re-start, it finds the new
data, so it smells like a caching problem... but I don't see anything in the
documentation that would suggest this.  It shouldn't be the database query
cache (MySQL) because it should know the data has changed.

I've tried adding "del data" at the bottom of the loop, but that didn't help
- thought maybe if I explicitly deleted the data, that would work.

Any ideas what's going on or how to solve this?

TIA,

Nick