On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Michael P. Soulier <
msoul...@digitaltorque.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw the deprecation warning on using admin.site.root in my urlconf for
> the
> admin site, so I moved to include(admin.site.urls) instead. Unfortunately
> after I logged-in, every click in the admin site took me nowhere (reloaded
> the
> same page).
>
> Any idea of what could cause that? I've moved back to admin.site.root and
> it
> works fine.

Make sure you have changed the url pattern to exactly what the current docs
say. Taking the old:

('^admin/(.*)', admin.site.root),

and changing just the admin.site.root part so that you have:

('^admin/(.*)', include(admin.site.urls),

does not work properly. You also have to change the first element of the
tuple:

(r'^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)),

Karen
--