I have encountered the same problem; the reason is that every time
models.py is imported Django attempts to register the moderator
another time.
You can do as suggested here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3277474/django-comment-moderation-error-alreadymoderated-at
but it looks as if _registry is meant to be a private API.
The ideal way would be to put the registration somewhere where it is
going to be only executed once. The question is where?

Regards,

Ludovico Fischer