Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't changed anything else, I am
processing the MS updates, but I don't think this is the problem, as
this all worked fine before the migration to 1.2.1, also if I call the
script directly (outside Django) it works fine.
My view looks like this:
..
import createKML
..
def my_view(request, arg):
    createKML.createKML(arg)

In the createKML.py the problem arises in:
import os
def createKML(id):
   os.mkdir("D:/path/to/mysite/templates/maps/"+str(id))
   writefile = "D:/path/to/mysite/templates/maps/"+str(id)+"/"+str(id)
+ ".kml"
   f = open(writefile, 'wb')

I hope this helps?