Hi,

I started having a problem on my website when working on it locally
using the runserver dev server. If I started the server I could visit
a page once (and it loaded quickly) but if I reloaded the page it
could take like 10 minutes for it to load. The code didn't even reach
the view. I tracked the problem down to the use of MEDIA_URL in my
base.html. I looked at my MEDIA_URL setting and it was set to
http://localhost:8000/media/. Since I'm using http://127.0.0.1:8000/
to access the page I tried changing the setting to 127.0.0.1 as well
and for some reason the problem went away.

I'm curious to know if someone know why this was a problem?ยจ

-Martin