Hello,

I am new to Django, and I am trying to develop an application for
researchers to submit data to a database.
I believe that the default admin interface from django.contrib.admin
should be just about perfect for the job. I
either want to subclass AdminSite and make my own administration page
that I direct users to, or I would like
to make a copy of the admin application.

I have been unsuccessful with both of these options. I can't find any
documentation on what exactly I need to
do in order to subclass AdminSite, and when I copy the contents of the
django/contrib/admin folder to
myproject/myapp/newadmin, and change my urls.py from
include(admin.site.urls) to
include(myproject.myapp.newadmin.site.urls), the new page doesn't take
because "site" doesn't refer to anything.
I find it odd though, because there is no "site" folder or file in the
django/contrib/admin directory, but admin.site.urls
still works.

If anyone has any idea what I am doing incorrectly, or any suggestions
about a better way to proceed with the task, I would greatly
appreciate your input.