I was looking at this over the weekend as well; isn't a problem for me
but it seems that the post_save signal is triggered even when
commit=False. Therefore when the object is saved again with
commit=True, it is fired again.

I didn't really investigate this so I could be wrong, but might be
something worth looking at.