My main page contains a form.  Because I want the form to appear when
I load my page my view looks like this:

from djangoproject1.authentication import forms
from django.http import HttpResponseRedirect
from django.shortcuts import render_to_response

def main(request):
    uf = forms.UserForm()
    upf = forms.UserProfileForm()
    return render_to_response("authentication/index.html", {'form1':
uf, 'form2':upf})

def register(request):
    if request.method == 'POST':
        uf = forms.UserForm(request.POST)
        upf = forms.UserProfileForm(request.POST)
        if uf.is_valid() and upf.is_valid():
            user = uf.save(commit=False)
            user.set_password(uf.cleaned_data["password"])
            user.save()
            userprofile = upf.save(commit=False)
            userprofile.user = user
            userprofile.save()
            return HttpResponseRedirect("/register-success/")
    return render_to_response("authentication/index.html", {'form1':
uf,'form2':upf})

When I visit the main page, my URLConf points me to main.  If I were
to hit submit, I would be directed to register.  The problem is, when
I visit the page, all of the validation error messages for my fields
are already shown for username and password.

Here's my html:

<h1>Register</h1>
    <form action="/register/" method="post">
        {{ form1.as_p }}
        {{ form2.as_p }}
        <input type="submit" value="Register">
    </form>