Hi,

I am very new in Django and Python. I am stucked in Tutorial 3 in part
"Write views that actually do something".

I don't get it to run the index.html.

I have copied: "
from django.template import Context, loader
from mysite.polls.models import Poll
from django.http import HttpResponse

def index(request):
    latest_poll_list = Poll.objects.all().order_by('-pub_date')[:5]
    t = loader.get_template('polls/index.html')
    c = Context({
        'latest_poll_list': latest_poll_list,
    })
    return HttpResponse(t.render(c))
"
in my views.py.

My setting file looks like this:
"TEMPLATE_DIRS = ("/home/username/dtest/mysite/templates"
    # Put strings here, like "/home/html/django_templates" or "C:/www/
django/templates".
    # Always use forward slashes, even on Windows.
    # Don't forget to use absolute paths, not relative paths.
)

I get this answer if I type this in my browser "http://127.0.0.1:8000/
polls":

  File "/home/username/dtest/mysite/../mysite/polls/views.py", line 13

    return HttpResponse(t.render(c))

SyntaxError: 'return' outside function

What is wrong?

Thanks for help!!!