On 27 août, 18:07, AK <akspamcatc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I can tell in the documentation, a post_save signal only
> passes sender, instance, created, and using.  I would love to use this
> signal to update information in the instance, such as the datetime of
> when it was saved.

Just add a datetime field with 'autonow=True', it will work OOTB.

>  This would be fine, except that I want to also
> keep track of the user who made the save (from request.user).

If you want request.user, you need to have access to the request
object. IOW, you have to do this by yourself in your views.

>  What is
> the best way to get this information to a post-save signal?

The best way is to avoid using post_save for such things - what do you
think will happen if you call instance.save on the instance passed to
a post_save signal ?-)