I have some fields that represent recommendations (forex). I modeled
them as numeric(8,4) (postgresql).

The problem is that the django admin automatically adds trailing 0's.
I don't want that because in order to calculate profit/loss, I need to
subtract the numbers (as integers, I eliminate the decimal points) and
multiply by 10 (the leverage).

I want the admin to save the number exactly as input. Postgres does
not add trailing 0's, but Django does.

Here are some samples and why the trailing 0's are wrong.

76.6000 - 77.3800 -- Converted should be 7660 - 7738 The correct
answer should be  -78, but eliminating the decimal creates this 766000
- 773800 or  -7800, doing the math as floats is wrong as well: -(.78)
=-7.8, not -78, so this actually works if I remove the decimal and
then * 10. (loss should be 780)

1.3040 - 1.3090 -- Converted should be 13040 - 13090 the correct
answer should be -50. Eliminating the decimals creates the correct
answer in this case, but doing the math as float and then converting
gives: .005 (I then remove the string leaving 5, not 50) (loss should
be 500)

Basically I need to know if there is a way to have django not add
trailing 0's, then I can convert correctly.