Sophi

This is the simplest way to install Django:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/install/?from=olddocs#installing-an-official-release

If you follow the instructions about installing the offical release, then
you won't need to worry about doing any linking (ie the ln -s command)

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Sophi <sophikrav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello-
> I am trying to install Django and having problems!
> I have Python 2.6 and Ubuntu, also I am total Linux N00B
>
> I am using this document to help me to install Django:
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/install/?from=olddocs
>
> Everything seems OK until I want to check that the Python interpreter
> can load Django's code.
> I put in:
> ln -s `pwd`/django-trunk/django SITE-PACKAGES-DIR/django
> using my site package /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages
> and also my password without the ' around it.
> I get back:
> ln: target `usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/django' is not a directory
>
> And so, I don't know how to run Django or check that it is installed.
> ????
> Thanks!
> Sophi

Guadajuko! Vamos a correr!