In http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/templates_python/ you can read :

   In Django 0.91, if a variable doesn't exist, the template system fails
   silently. The variable is replaced with an empty string.

This is controlled with the silent_variable_failure variable set to True in
the ObjectDoesNotExists exception.

I would like to use Django's templating system to generate configuration files
from a template. Thus, I would like Django to inform me (raise an exception)
if a variable if not found instead of failing silently.

Is this possible? It does not seems so with the current code.

Thanks,

Guillaume Pratte