I'm testing now with 6 WAV files (70M) all uploading at the same time
and its not causing any problems.  The process is up to 76M from its
usual 70M.

But this afternoon it gained about 1M a second up to 200M +

My next suspect is Mutagen, though I've looked through the code and it
appears to correctly only load the first 32768

Or MP3Info

Maybe a specific broken file caused it to trust the headers and read
it in

Still, any advice on nginx/apache cooperation greatly appreciated