Once django projects get large and sites have many features, many
models, modules and apps then dev server restart time becomes a huge
problem.

Compile/Run cycle with C++ or Objective C is significantly faster than
just correcting one typo in Django source and trying to get the server
to restart.  Its become for me unusable.

I'm thinking I need to work on specific apps in this site in separate
builds (with separate settings files and everything).  This will
increase maintenance complexity and might not be much of a win.

I could start looking into an altered Django that can restart faster.

I've already reduced the Django admin so that I'm using only the
admins I need.  btw. removing the admin entirely saves about 2 M of
memory.

Anybody have any other thoughts or solutions on this ?