Matt the Destroyer írta:

>size=30 simply tells the browser to make the input field a size of 30
>characters wide.  it has no bearing on input data or transmission.
>
>in the past, i have simply hard-coded my own input fields into my
>templates so I can directly control the size and other attributes that
>i might want (such as onclick et al).

No problem with hard-coding. Sooner or later we have to say something to
the machine. But the equestion is if i say something once (in the
model), why need to repeat myself?

Say something similar to (pseudo):

ALLOWED_TEXTWIDGET_COUNT = 60

if (model.field.size > ALLOWED_TEXTWIDGET_COUNT):
  size_tag = ALLOWED_TEXTWIDGET_COUNT
else:
  size_tag = model.field.size

And Jay, (afaik) CSS controls visual size of field, not the number of
characters you can type in (VARCHAR(30) field in 600px input widget
means 2/3 of a box is empty)

Charlie.

--
"...s minden mestert kinevettem, ki nem nevetett önmagán."
GPG public key: http://www.rendszergazda.com/gpg/charlie-gpg-public-key.asc