On Sep 30, 3:38 pm, Karen Tracey <kmtra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Jyrki Pulliainen <jy...@dywypi.org> wrote:
> > We encountered a possible backwards incompatibility with change 12950
> > [1]. This was noticed when upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.
>
> > If I understand correctly the change 12950 removes squelching of
> > ImportErrors from AppCache. AppCache in turn provides reverse-
> > relations for app introspection, for example in admin interface. This
> > change now causes the ImportError in one otherwise fine case to
> > propagate and break the application.
>
> > Funnily enough, this does not break our application per se. The webapp
> > still continues to work with admin interface fully responsive, doing
> > all the changes wanted, tests passing etc. This only affects a smaller
> > worker script that is run via upstart.
>
> [additional info skipped]
>
> Without specifics (at least a traceback from the error) it's virtually
> impossible to say whether the problem you encountered was a flaw in this
> changeset or an error in the application. The original fix here was updated
> based on user feedback, see for
> examplehttp://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/13335. There may also have been at
> least one other like that but I don't recall exactly and do not have time to
> search now. So far as I know the version of the change that appears in a
> released version only reports true application errors (e.g. circular
> imports) that really should never have been suppressed in the first place.

Traceback follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/icm-init-worker", line 4, in <module>
    from inoi.management.central.node_manager.workers import
InitWorker
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/inoi/management/
central/node_manager/workers.py", line 3, in <module>
    from .models import Node
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/inoi/management/
central/node_manager/models.py", line 24, in <module>
    from inoi.management.central import admin
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/inoi/management/
central/admin.py", line 34, in <module>
    site.register(Group)
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/contrib/
admin/sites.py", line 90, in register
    validate(admin_class, model)
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/contrib/
admin/validation.py", line 22, in validate
    models.get_apps()
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/db/models/
    self._populate()
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/db/models/
    self.load_app(app_name)
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/db/models/
    models = import_module('.models', app_name)
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/utils/
importlib.py", line 35, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/home/jyrki/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/inoi/management/
central/node_manager/firmware/models.py", line 5, in <module>
    from inoi.management.central.node_manager.models import (
ImportError: cannot import name Node

- Jyrki