Hi all - i've got a mysterious problem with my admin templates and I
think its a version problem but can't figure it out.

The contrib.admin templates seem to be throwing some very crazy
TemplateSyntaxError(s) in many of the admin templates when i moved my
app to my production environment.  I'm thinking this must be some kind
of version problem so I removed django completely and reinstalled the
production version and still have the same problems.  Now, the same
exact project works perfectly on my development server, but the
service[debian/lighttpd/fcgi] that I set up for production displays
these issues - oddly enough when I first installed it, before taking
the project live, it seemed to work.  I'm using the exact same path to
template loaders in production/dev.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?  Has anyone else experienced
this problem?

Here are 2 examples of errors being thrown:

TemplateSyntaxError at /admin/
In template /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/
templates/admin/base.html, error at line 31
Caught SyntaxError while rendering: invalid syntax (views.py, line 52)
21          <!-- Header -->
22          <div id="header">
23              <div id="branding">
24              {% block branding %}{% endblock %}
25              </div>
26              {% if user.is_active and user.is_staff %}
27              <div id="user-tools">
28                  {% trans 'Welcome,' %}
29                  <strong>{% filter force_escape %}{% firstof
user.first_name user.username %}{% endfilter %}</strong>.
30                  {% block userlinks %}
31                      {% url django-admindocs-docroot as docsroot %}
32                      {% if docsroot %}
33                          <a href="{{ docsroot }}">{% trans
'Documentation' %}</a> /
34                      {% endif %}
35                      {% url admin:password_change as password_change_url
%}
36                      {% if password_change_url %}
37                          <a href="{{ password_change_url }}">

and

TemplateSyntaxError at /admin/auth/group/add/
In template /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/
templates/admin/includes/fieldset.html, error at line 18
Caught SyntaxError while rendering: invalid syntax (views.py, line 52)
8                   {{ line.errors }}
9                   {% for field in line %}
10                      <div{% if not line.fields|length_is:"1" %}
class="field-box"{% endif %}>
11                          {% if field.is_checkbox %}
12                              {{ field.field }}{{ field.label_tag }}
13                          {% else %}
14                              {{ field.label_tag }}
15                              {% if field.is_readonly %}
16                                  <p>{{ field.contents }}</p>
17                              {% else %}
18                                  {{ field.field }}
19                              {% endif %}
20                          {% endif %}