Your Django version is really outdated.

I think you can update using the Update Manager or calling the terminal and
typing:

sudo apt-get update

This command will resync the packages with the current version on distro
repository.

Alternatively you can update via python setuptools, using the command:

easy_install --upgrade django

After this you can try:

import django
django.VERSION

and see if you're on the last stable release.