On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 07:09 -0700, and_ltsk wrote:
> May be it is the case.
> But I don't want to enable internet.
> Can I disable Django' reverse DNS queries or it is impossible?

Are you using ./manage.py runserver or Apache? If Apache, you can look
into its config, maybe you have a line "HostnameLookups On" -- you need
to change it to "off".

If you browse Django from another machine, say 192.168.0.1, you need to
go to the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file and add a line to
it:

192.168.0.1 bunny

And restart the computer. You can also look if the line:

127.0.0.1 localhost

is present in the hosts file. If not, add it as well.

* * *

However, if you use "manage.py runserver" and browse from the local
machine, I have no idea other that "127.0.0.1 localhost" line is missing
from the hosts file.

--
Maciej Bliziński
http://automatthias.wordpress.com