Thanks for the replies.

Jonathan: No I'm not stuck to JQuery, I will consider dojango. Thanks

David: I'm newbie at JavaScript (as we can see) and I only use JQuery
UI for the tabs. Here is how I use it in my base.html

                <h2 class="demoHeaders">Tabs</h2>
                        <ul>
                                <li><a href="{% url
newsite.mealplan.views.currentweek %}">First</
a></li>
                                <li><a href="{% url
newsite.mealplan.courseviews.courses
%}">Second</a></li>
                                <li><a href="{% url
newsite.mealplan.courseviews.categories
%}">Third</a></li>
                        </ul>

That works, but when I choose tab Third and post a form (django) I get
to the "original" page without tabs by rendering the category
template. Here is the code for that

    return render_to_response("categories.html",
{"categories":categories, 'form':form})

So, how should I rewrite this so the third tab is shown instead of the
template only? Is cookies the solution to that?

Thanks
/Torbjörn