Sandro,
it's obviously a good thing to do when using non-ASCII characters *in
your code*. The problem is that this exception on my system showed up
whenever the mimetypes.guess_type method was called, even if it is the
only line of cod in source file (except the import line) and there are
no non-ASCII characters in it.
P.S. As I've said before this problem turned out to belong to Python's
library itself and has nothing to do with Django.