> You could try something like:
>
>     args = iter(args)    # may need args.__iter__() in earlier Pythons?
>     for func in args:
>         arg = next(args) # may need args.next() in earlier Pythons?
>
> >     if func in list_of_allowed_funcs:
> >       func(arg)
> >   return HttpResponse('whatever')

Yes, I know it won't run as written.  You also can't call func(arg)
directly, since func is a string, not a callable -- Python being what
it is, there's a way to find the callable based on the name, but I'd
have to look it up at the moment.  Or you could use a
dict_of_allowed_callables to look up the callable based on a string
that may not be the same as the callable name.

> Oops. I omitted to point out (though the OP picked it up) that a
> repeated group in a regex only leaves behind its last match in the match
> object's groups. It's all going to get a bit painful trying to do this
> with a urlconf.

Ah, there's something I didn't know.  There must be *some* way to get
all matches from a Python regex, though, isn't there?