On 7/29/06, Gennan Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I will like to django's ORM in my standalone app (not web app).  Do I always
> its admin tool to create tables? Or it can reuse the table structure I
> create in the db?

You should be able to use the Django ORM on an existing database (not
that I've actually tried this).

Basically, you can use the admin tool to create the models.py file
from an existing database, rather than doing it the other way around.

Check out the documentation at
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/legacy_databases/ for a
starting point.

Ian Clelland