On 21 October 2010 16:01, Jason Persampieri <helga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://github.com/pappy74/django-requires_js_css
>
> Howdy folks,
>
> I was hoping to get some feedback on my first public app, django-
> requires_js_css.  The app's purpose is to allow 'sane' JavaScript and
> CSS requirements.  That is, require from within templates, but still
> load using 'best practices'.

Another item off my to-do list. Thanks!

> Definitely a work in progress, although we are using it at our
> startup.  My questions to you:
> - Is there another app that does this?

Not that I know of.

> - Do other devs find this worthwhile?

Yep. My use case was to allow the addition of SyntaxHighlighter
brushes as required by the posts on the page. (This is now moot as of
the new version of SH, as it will now dynamically load brushes, but I
can envision other use cases for this.)

> - What's missing?
> - I currently use a fairly gnarly hack to make this all work
> (embedding tokens in the response content, then post-processing those
> tokens using middleware).  Is there a better way?

Other than how it is implemented now, the nicer way is what Doug has
described. Not sure if it is possible though/might require some Django
patches.