Hi.

I've built a password reset mechanism for my application using class
variables to store random passwords which are later used to authorize
password resets.

Here's what I'm using:

# Speichert Passwortanfragen und gibt sie bei Bedarf zurück
class PasswordRequest:
    requests = {}

    def newRequest(self, username, key):
        self.requests[username] = key

    def getRequest (self, username):
        if self.requests.has_key(username):
            return self.requests[username]
        return None

    def removeRequest(self, username):
        if self.requests.has_key(username):
            del self.requests[username]

This works fine in the development server. Under mod_python, though, it
appears that these class variables don't work (getRequest doesn't
return what I've previously put in via newRequest). Is there a
difference wrt class variables between mod_python and the development
server?

I'd assume the problem was due to the fact that mod_python spawns new
processes for each request, right?

Is there a workable solution for using class variables with mod_python?
I'd hate to store this temporary information (removed once the user
successfully changed his password) in the DB.

Or is there something else scwewy awound here?

Daniel