On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Vitaly Babiy <vbabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I know there has been work done with nosql I was wondering if the admin
> works with mongo yet?

Yes, with an if; no, with a but :-)

In trunk/stable, the answer is no. The ORM doesn't work with MongoDB
yet, so there's no chance that the admin will work.

However, Alex Gaynor's Google Summer of Code project was an attempt at
refactoring the ORM to provide the hooks necessary to write a MongoDB
backend -- and he presented a MongoDB backend as a proof of concept.

There are some catches associated with using this code -- check the
threads on django-dev if you want more details -- but most common CRUD
ORM operations should work. By extension, most basic CRUD operations
in the admin should work, too.

Merging Alex's work into Django trunk is on the todo list for Django 1.4.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)