On Nov 3, 3:03 pm, "Ricardo L. Dani" <ricardod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with an project using django-cms and django 1.1 and I have this
> problem:
>
> With a big model form with many choice charFields must be reendered as
> <input type="radio"> and not as <select>'s (default)
>
> Ex:
>
>     field = models.CharField(max_length=1, default=None, choices=CHOICES)
>
> renders:
>
>     <select>
>         <option>
>         ... etc
>
> but i need a <input type="option">
>
> With django 1.2 i get this using:
>
> class InscricaoForm(ModelForm):
>
>     class Meta:
>         model = Inscricao
>         widgets ={
>             'possiveis_areas_de_interesse' : RadioSelect,
>             'regime_dedicacao_curso' : RadioSelect,
>             'vinculo_empregaticio' : RadioSelect,
>             'interesse_bolsa_estudos' : RadioSelect,
>             'conhecimento_linguas_estrangeiras' : RadioSelect
>         }
>
> but I use django-cms and this not works fine with django 1.2
>
> the question: how i do that with django 1.1 ?
>
> thanks
>
> Ps: sorry for the bad english :/

Your English is fine.

You have to overwrite the field declaration for each one you want to
change, specifying the `widget` argument:

class InscricaoForm(ModelForm):
    possiveis_areas_de_interesse =
forms.ChoiceField(choices=FOO_CHOICES, widget=forms.RadioSelect)

etc. You have to remember to include all the options you've defined
for your model field - default, max_length, is_required. It's
unfortunately very verbose, which is why the `widgets` syntax was
introduced in version 1.2.
--
DR.