I am using django with the geraldo reports engine and have recently
encountered problems. Of course this may be a geraldo problem and I
have made a similar post on that group. I am hoping, however, that
this might just ring a bell with someone.
Many text fields in the database contain ampersands and when these are
displayed in a pdf generated by geraldo three  different things happen
depending on the system. in use.
1) The django development server running on windows strips out the
ampersands from the pdf, otherwise everything is fine.
2) A mod_python system running on a debian etch box produces the pdfs
correctly, complete with ampersands.
3) A mod_python(or mod_wsgi) system running on a debian lenny box
produces the following error message:
Deprecated String Exception: "xml parser error (bogus < or &) in
paragraph beginning\n'Gastel & PH1'"
Remove the ampersand in the database and everyhing is fine on this
third setup.

The versions of python(2.5.2)/django('1.2.1 pre-alpha SVN-13294)/
geraldo(0.4 FINAL)/reportlab(2.1) on all three systems are identical.

Paul Hide