On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM, James Hancock <jlhanc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a strange problem and don't really know where to start looking to fix
> it. Can someone point me in the right direction to figure this one out.
>

> In the Admin interface when I try to use the  "change password form" on any
> of my users it gives me a
>
> "Page not found (404)
> Request Method:    GET
> Request URL:    http://goeigo.org/admin/auth/user/21/password/
> user object with primary key u'21/password' does not exist.
> You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your Django
> settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display a standard 404
> page.
> "
> error......
>
> I can change the passwords from the terminal and create users and stuff, but
> the admin page doesn't seem to work.
>
> Any hints?

I assume that the rest of the admin is working?

What version of Django are you using?

Have you done anything out of the ordinary in urls.py?

The problem seems to be that there is no URL pattern for the password
change form, which means the user edit URL pattern will match instead,
or that the pattern for password change comes after a broader pattern.

Regards,
Martin Melin