I'm using django's url tag to move from one view to another:

For most "items" this works perfectly. But I have an "item" with a /
character: Sci-Fi/Fantasy. In this instance, I get an error

Caught NoReverseMatch while rendering: Reverse for 'wiki_view' with
arguments '(u'Sci-fi/Fantasy',)' and keyword arguments '{}' not found.

My urls.py is defined as such:

url(r'^wiki/page/(?P<page_title>[^/]*)/$', views.wiki_view, name =
'wiki_view'),

Is there a way for this to work with a "/" character in place like
this?  I was advised to use urlencode.

This gives the same error.  I believe the dev version allows me to use
this:

as discussed here:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/templates/builtins/?from=olddocs#urlencode

but I'm on 1.3.0 alpha and I may want to go into production with some
of this code.