Hallöchen!

patrickk writes:

> well ... yes, but if someond uploads "äöü.PDF" I want the user to
> download "äöü.PDF" again ... and not
> %C3%83%C2%A4%C3%83%C2%B6%C3%83%C2%BC.PDF.
>
> did you test your code with IE7/IE8? I just did and the name of
> the downloaded file differs from the upload.

Chrom and Firefox download äöü.pdf if the HTTP header field was
UTF-8-encoded (instead of URL-escaped).  However, I hesitate to say
that IE is doing the wrong thing beacuse the UTF-8 encoding is never
mentioned in the header field, so Chrome and FF just guess right.

Or does Django encode unicode strings in HTTP header fields somehow?
I haven't sniffed the HTTP communication so far.

Is there a standard at all for how non-ASCII in the header field
"Content-Disposition" is supposed to be encoded?

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: torsten.bron...@jabber.rwth-aachen.de
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com