On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Joseph (Driftwood Cove Designs) <
powderfl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is django.db.models.base.Model.save_base()
>
> a comment in the code for ModelA indicates the call to save_base() is
> required for Mptt.

Joseph, I think the problem here is the ModelA doesn't call the super save()
function on any situation. Then models.Model save() function is not called.
Check out this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/6abd08b6f39d40c9/af74d31d19317616?show_docid=af74d31d19317616&fwc=1

> On Nov 21, 5:43 am, Marc Aymerich <glicer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Joseph (Driftwood Cove Designs) <
> >
> > powderfl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Below is the basic layout - I posted a simplified version of the two
> > > model classes here:http://pastebin.com/Xc3KLrQx
> >
> > > ModelA.save():
> > >   if (some condition):
> > >      super().save_base()
> >
> > Hi the problem could be on  save_base. Can you paste this method too ¿
> >
> > --
> > Marc

Marc