No, you need that line. It is the first *character* of the file that
you need to remove. It is an *invisible* character. Try opening and
closing it in notepad; it might remove it. Otherwise, can you get your
WSDL generator to not output the BOM?

Or, you could use python to read and rewrite that file without the BOM.