On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:09 AM,  <delegb...@dudupay.com> wrote:
> I am starting out to learn django and I am using the book: Beginning Django
> E-Commerce by Jim McGaw.
> I was able to create the database using mysql console but when I ran the
> command:
> $ python manager.py dbshell
>
> I got the following error:
>
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading MySQLdb module: No
> mo
> dule named MySQLdb
>
> Please what am I doing wrong.
> Let me add that I installed wamp so the mysql I am using in bundled with
> apache and php. I hope that is not the problem.
>
> I hope to get a feedback.

You need to install the python mysql driver. I have no idea what
'wamp' is, but I'm guessing it is some sort of bundled
apache/php/mysql stack? You will need to install the python mysql
driver in addition to that.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/

> Thank you.
> Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

You wrote all that on a blackberry? Fair play..

Cheers

Tom